Sunday, November 21, 2010


This week we started out by getting the leg muscles assignment. Doing the muscles this week had to have a different approach where we had to keep the muscles thinner or trim them down to get the size right and able to fit them all on there. When doing the some of the foot muscles, I didn’t realize that a lot of them over lap each other and to attach to different toe bones. 
 
By learning the leg and foot muscles led us into focusing on drawing the only the feet of the model. I was able to approach it with like any other long pose drawing where it was helpful to measure to try to get the lengths and angles right. To me it was a little weird to just draw the feet but it was also beneficial that we only had to focus on one aspect of the body and try and draw it. 

Also are shell drawings, we finished them for this week and also able to practice for the next one. One the second shell drawing I got some feed back on how to make it better by changing up line weight and work on the atmospheric perspective. Later on in the week we got the chance to practice working with the ink. I like taking a little bit of class time to work though how the best way of working the ink into the drawings and to capture the shell. I still need to practice more trying to figure out how to push the drawing in capturing all the nooks and crannies. With working on it in class I was able to get some areas to start to work were others need more time to get there with layer different darkness’s to achieve the right depth in the drawing. The hardest thing I’ve come across using the ink is controlling it. I’m use to being able to control the median, but with the ink it has a mind of its own. Its frustrating and kind of nice just letting it do what it wants to give it different feeling that I  hadn’t planned.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the shading you achieved with that india ink on shell drawing.

    ReplyDelete