Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Second Half of Semester



The last part of the semester seemed to go by more quickly. I like how during class time we focused on different parts of the body for the day. I especially enjoyed learning the skull. Being able to break it down into planes and drawing it from the skulls was helpful to better understand where those planes are. Some of the techniques I learned while in this class were the use of contour lines to create shape of the body and shell we were drawing. Also measuring helped me to get the right angle and proportions right.

The use of contour lines can help me in my other classes, for example when drawing a product I could use contour lines to help communicate a change in planes. Also being able to understand the body can be put into relationship to other things I design. For example showing size and how the ergonomics of a product are related to the muscles and bones.

Through out the semester I have been able to work on my drawing skills. There is still room for improvement but with the consistent practice I’m beginning to get better with each class. The reason for taking this class was to help my drawing skills, even though it wasn’t directly related to product design.

No comments:

Post a Comment