Sunday, December 5, 2010


This week we learned about the shoulder girdle. This consists of bone markers, in the front is the clavicle and in the back are the shoulder blades. We didn’t have a model in class but we got to draw from the skeleton. This was the first time we had to so it was different than working with a model. I like working with the skeleton because I was able to actually look at where the landmarks came from the bones instead of going straight to the model and trying to figure things out as I go. Also when working with the skeleton I got help with getting the pelvis right. By getting the proportions right makes the drawing look more actuate. Being able to finding different points on the pelvis diagram I was able to correlate them to the drawing I was working on. 


We also focused on the shoulder girdle. When drawing it, I found it would have been easier to draw bigger and be able to look more closely as that part of the skeleton. The size that I drew it at I wasn’t able to go into too much detail. As the class went on I wanted to focus more on what we were learning in class, so I drew a closer up of just the shoulder blade and clavicle. It was harder to do at a bigger scale because I had some trouble getting everything in proportion to each other. Then the ribs were hard to line up with the other bones. This time it was also hard to put in some of the contour lines because the shoulder blade had ridges in it that was hard to capture the likeness of them.
 


We also got assigned the rest of the muscles for the manikin. Like the ones before we had to find the right place and try not to get them too big so they didn’t look disproportional. By finishing them I’ll be able to see some of them on the model when we draw them again.
 

1 comment:

  1. your chest and pelvic studies are very good. almost better than having a full drawing. they are beautiful in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete